Friday, March 23, 2012

An Update on Shannon and Mr. C

I could hardly wait to follow up with the vet clinic staff on how Shannon and Mr. C did on their first night together. I waited impatiently listening to a recorded message about "Heartworm Season" that the vet clinic had playing for customers on hold. Then "D" picked up the phone...

Apparently, Shannon woke up Mr. C this morning doing that "up-down-up-down-thing" with her paws on his chest. Then she licked his face!  "D" said that he sounded happy and very "busy"...so much to do for Shannon!  It sounds like Shannon and Mr. C were meant to be together.  He had a purpose and a reason to get up this morning.  Nobody will really know how serious Mr. C was about not wanting to live after Fritz was gone, but the veterinary staff were certain he was serious. 

I found a picture of Shannon from the shelter's website:

It's hard to believe nobody wanted her.  But she'll never be unwanted again, thanks to an awesome veterinary office and Mr. C.

The rescue's phone has been ringing quite a bit today.  I guess that's what happens when you put a bunch of fluffy dilute calico kittens on the site.  I wish people could see the not-so-fancy kittens and want to adopt them as desperately.  I even had a call from MICHIGAN to adopt this little girl:

If I get one more call from a teenybopper wanting to adopt her, I'm going to scream!  :) Holy crap, that's quite an "old gal" thing to say, isn't it?

Awww...hell....I think I just need to end this Friday post thinking about Shannon and Mr. C.  That story has enough good vibes in it to get me through the weekend. 

Happy Friday :)

13 comments:

Sparkle said...

Thanks so much for the update on Shannon and Mr. C! I do not think it is possible to hear anything quite as awesome as that today!

Devon said...

So happy to hear Mr. C and Shannon are meant to be!

Wednesday said...

What a gorgeous cat Shannon is! I'm thrilled to hear that Mr C and Shannon have already hit it off. Sounds like they are destined for a happy, loving future together. It must feel great to know you're a successful matchmaker (of the kitty-human variety)! Kudos to that vet clinic for going beyond their expertise at saving animals by saving a person, too. A lovely end to a story that started out so sadly.

Random Felines said...

awwwww - how sweet. I don't doubt that Shannon knows just how much she is needed and loved. She was just waiting for the right man to come into her life.

I have to agree about kittens - I want to ask "you do know this is going to grow up, right?"

Fuzzy Tales said...

Shannon IS gorgeous, thanks for the update on them both.

I understand how close he was to suicide, trust me on that one. So glad they have each other!

Ann Boyajian said...

I just found your lovely blog. What a wonderful story about Shannon and Mr. C.. Cats are very responsive to emotions in humans, and it sounds as though Shannon went right to work using her wonderful "cat medicine"on Mr. C.. Lucky cat, lucky man!

Anonymous said...

LOL started to type in my message but assume it was eaten by one of the kitties lol..so I'll start again....Thanks Beth for the wonderful story of Mr. C and Shannon....AND the update. I find it hard to imagine that Shannon was unwanted..she is such a lovey ..... Praying for happy ever afters for this pair.. ! Now I can eat my heart out over the kitties still on the shelter page and waiting... and those DARLINGS on your adoption site....Satzu is a beauty too...definiitely looks like my Oliver and Leilani..both Norwegian Forest Cats....LOVE this guy too. Oh what the heck I guess I just love ALL kitties ! smile.... they're so much nicer than a lot of people ! Enjoy your weekend and good luck with your real estate person...or is it purrrson ? Love Gail

JLi said...

I love the Shannon/Mr C story!!! And I also LOVE the not so fancy kittens and cats!

Kristen said...

I adore the story about Shannon and Mr. C. Bless his heart, caring for animals as deeply as we all do can be a painful thing, but it is also truly special. I adore Shannon's white toes!!!

Also, like, is that like, grey kitten available for adoption? Cuz like, I think kittens are soooooo cute. They dont like, shed, right? (just kidding...haha)

Tina said...

Oh how I LOVE a happy ending. Thanks for updating us on Shannon and Mr. C. We need these stories to encourage us :-)

Josie said...

What a heart-string puller you are! First I got all misty-eyed over Shannon and Mr. C....then you make my heart explode from that too-cute-to-be-true explosion of floof.

Anonymous said...

Someone should contact the newspaper. This would make a fantastic story.

Caroline said...

Shannon is so pretty, it looks like the photo was photoshoped because of her shorthair tabby head on the fluffy body!