Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What Will Be....Will Be.

I received the email this morning:  "I can take the Mom and 7 kittens!"  My heart sank.  This morning was a vet day and I knew there was little chance that the sweet orange Mom that gave birth yesterday would still be alive:
Kim wasn't working and my usual contacts at the shelter were unavailable, so I headed out to the shelter with a heavy heart.  I thought about my blog and was going to take a picture of her empty cage.  Sure, that may seem morbid, but people need to be reminded about spaying and neutering. 

I didn't bring my carrier with me into the shelter.  Why bother?  I walked sadly into the back and peered into the cage:



My eyes filled with tears when I saw the cage card still there.  She and her babies were alive!  3 Calicos, 2 Tortoiseshell, and 2 orange and white squirmin' kittens! 

I started to put this video to music, but the sound of relief and tears were unmistakable in my voice.  I decided to leave it.  I have no shame. 

Tonight?  This little family has a chance.  Many thank you's and hugs to the foster Mom who came forward and saved her life today. 

It was meant to be.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!

The video is set to private, though. I want to seeeee!

Renee

House of the Discarded said...

Renee: Thanks for the heads up! It's public now!

Sparkle said...

Whew! I am relieved along with you.

Robin Sarafinchan said...

Thank you Beth and thank you foster mom for saving those beautiful little souls. Wish they could all be that lucky.

Lory & Co. said...

What a beatiful mom cat and beautiful story!

Deb said...

I'm so happy to hear this. She looks very young and a little confused but nonetheless content. I wish her all the best with the little family. Keep us posted with pictures as they grow. You are the best....have I told you that lately? :)

Fuzzy Tales said...

Absolutely. FANTASTIC.

whitesocks said...

We're right there with you, Beth, with the tears of relief and joy. I've been terribly busy and not visiting your blog enough...MUST READ MORE OFTEN, as you do such fabulous, important work, and I am so grateful for human beings like you. Love to you. Thank you for all you do!

whitesocks said...

PS: This is Shefali :).

Princess Jasmine said...

Awww, that is fantastic news. We are so glad they have a new home to go to and hope that they will all be happy and healthy :)xx

Marg said...

Gosh that is so terrific. Just goes to show you that it was meant to be. Thank heavens for good people.

Unknown said...

Such good news!

Christine Gittings said...

I haven't even seen the video and I'm already in tears. So relieved and happy for the mom and her kittens. Thank you for rescuing them and to the foster Mom for taking them in

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

I'm so relieved she and her little family were still there...but what made me really cry was the other voices, the "save me too, take me out of here" voices in he background. Sorry, it's been a rough day. Lost a senior cat that was only at the shelter (isolation ward) for two days. He never even made it to the adoption floor...sometimes I really, really hate people.~Donna

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!! That was a great, great rescue day and I for one, was delighted to hear the rescue song again! :-)

Cindy, Bertie, Sammy, Malley and Batman

Anonymous said...

Look at those kneading paws! What a lovely family. Thank you so much to everyone involved in their rescue.

Random Felines said...

It is sad that more people don't understand how important it is to spay and neuter...but we are SO HAPPY that this family is safe with you and their new foster family!!!

Daisy said...

Rescue Day for an entire family, hooray!

Anonymous said...

This story just made my day!