Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Dozen!

Rescuing 11 kittens and one pregnant Mom today was the highlight of my week!  As usual, I went into the shelter expecting to rescue 3 or 4 and left with 3 times more than I anticipated thanks to another rescue who came forward to help.

The pregnant Mom at the shelter was so sweet and seemed so desperate.  She was HUGE and I could see in her eyes, "Please...I don't want to have my kittens here."  What is it about motherhood of any species?  Message understood.  When I dropped her off at the foster Mom's home, the little Mama cat went to her new foster Mom and rubbed against her legs then came over to me.. *rub* *rub *chirp* *rub*.  What gratitude!  I felt like crying!  Her eyes...the way she looked at both of us.  It penetrated my soul.

The sun is out this afternoon for the first time in days and I'm slowly getting a second wind.  David leaves for a geek-fest Canadian Championship Bridge Tournament.  (Yes, there is such a thing!) He'll be gone a week and as much as I love that man, I'm happy to not have any particular agenda.  Maybe I can get caught up in cat related work....or go wild and go to Wal-Mart at 10 pm!  OOooo....cereal for dinner!!!!  

I guarantee I won't be shaving my legs this week either. 

4 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Hurrah for a terrific rescue day! Well done, Beth, to you and everyone who has stepped forward to foster/rescue/help in any way.

LOL at the cereal for dinner....I've been a decade on my own now and cereal for dinner (or eggs or toast and cheese) is a staple. I love not *having* to cook a meal, particularly since I loathe food prep and cooking to begin with. :-P

I hope the upcoming is a *good* one for you!

-Kim

House of the Discarded said...

Kim: LOL! Thank you!

-B

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Really, what is it about the soon to be momcats that makes you go "oh no, not in here"...although our shelter has very nice accomadations for them it's still nice to see them go to foster homes. I sure wish I could find my hubby a hobby that would take him away...if even for one day! Everything, and I do mean everything, takes twice as long with him around. Don't know what it is but, really, it should not take me almost a half hour just to get into the shower...If he is napping, and I'm not involved in something else, it takes me 20 minutes to get ready, take a shower and re-dress, do my hair and everything!

Random Felines said...

MOL - great job on the rescue. Mom laughed about the cereal for dinner comment. We don't have a dad, but mom has said before she doesn't think she would share so well after this long of it just being us....have a nice week!!