Thursday, April 28, 2011

Let the Summer "Urgent Pleas" Begin

I've really missed being at the shelter today.  Because of the adoption events this weekend, I've found myself  doing nothing but preparing for the day on Saturday.  Once I have all the "stuff" I need, it won't be such a big deal next time.  We received an AWESOME donation of gorgeous vinyl banners and posters for our events.  I'm going to feel SO professional now!  I don't think people realize how much effort goes into adoption events.

Lots of cats are marked for euthanasia tomorrow.  Even these five kittens.

They're only 5 weeks old - barely started in life.  Breaks my heart and sickens me.  Why can't I save them?  I can't save them all.  Until people spay and neuter their pets kittens like this will not have a chance at life.

Even this sweet little pregnant Mom is going to die tomorrow morning:


She came into the shelter with those pink nail covers on.  The staff was SURE she'd be claimed by her owner.  It'll be too late if they do try to claim her. 

 I have to go to the shelter tomorrow to rescue a few more cats.  I hate going after a euthanasia day - the empty cages and the feel of death.

 Hard to explain. 

10 comments:

House of the Discarded said...

BOTH Pregnant Mom and orange kittens are being rescued tomorrow.

I can breathe again!

B

House of Mystery said...

Whoot!

Lory & Co. said...

Wonderful! They were breaking my heart.

peewee22 said...

I'm so glad they're being rescued - they were breaking my heart.

Anonymous said...

oh thank goodness!!

mawiesner said...

Thank God! I couldn't stop thinking about them! I've said it before, but thank you for everything you do!

Kea said...

Oh, I'm glad I came back to check the comments. I read your post last evening, but just couldn't muster the words to leave a comment.

Hurrah for their rescue!

Gatita said...

To whoever came forward to save the five little ones and the pregnant mom:

You are a SAINT.

Brooke said...

I am so so so thankful that someone is helping those kittens and that poor pregnant momcat!

Yay!!

siouxee said...

I was afraid to check the comments... but glad I did. I was crying last night over this :( But glad they got rescued. Phew. Gosh...