Monday, September 13, 2010

Nesting

I was over the moon happy yesterday, as I watched my beautiful 26 year old daughter emerge from the airport last night. Our week together is going to go quickly as it usually does. I really hate that she chose to remain in Southern California when I left for Toronto, but she's grown to be a resourceful, independent Registered Nurse that works in Labour and Delivery at a well known hospital in Newport Beach.

Since she doesn't have a cat of her own, you can imagine that she's in complete cat bliss at my house - as documented in the video below with two of my foster cats:


I've received two adoption calls in ONE day yesterday. One for Parker and the other for Doodle. I'm not sure if I can let Parker go. My 22 year old son adores him and wants to take him with him after he completes Police training and moves away. (*sniff*)

The timing for their potential adoptions couldn't be worse. Right now, I have my own little chick-a-dees under one roof, and the thought of losing two family members (albeit "temporary family members) makes me feel a bit melancholy and anxious. I'm nesting, cooking, and David has taken the week off to be on "entertainment committee".

Rescue has to go on despite my busy schedule this week, but am doing more delegating than actually rescuing. As long as *somebody* is rescuing, that's OK by me!

In the meantime, I'm wallowing in the bliss of motherhood. I'm listening to stories that begin with "Remember when.." and end with howls of laughter at my expense. I feel like I'm slowly entering the world of my own mother as my kids reminisce about cats we used to have, and times where I lost my temper.

"What goes around, comes around"....and I'm loving it.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Enjoy every minute of it Beth, now that the kids are grown and have lives of their own, we have to steal any time we can with them.
I hope you all have a great week together and the cats go to loving homes!

JenLi said...

Loved that video of your beautiful daughter with those sweet sweet adorable tabbies!!!! Made me laugh!! Enjoy this week. I want those tabbies too!

Anonymous said...

LOVE today's blog! Whenever you're having a bad day, just come back and read today's entry. It made me smile:)
Cheers! Karin

Caroline said...

What beautiful children you have! Such a nice family makes me want you to adopt me! I can't imagine you losing your temper unless it involved animal cruelty.

selkiem said...

your daughter is beuatiful (and looks JUST like you!!)- enjoy your girl time - in my house it is somewhat the opposite - doug and declan are outnumbered by myself and my three girls!

I know the time will pass too quickly but what a comfort it must be to know your child is doing so well.