Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Mable"

People are always surprised to see purebred cats in the shelter. Why would anyone think that a purebred cat is less likely to be dumped than any other cat, I don't know. But it's still shocking that someone would spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a cat and dump him or her at the shelter.

So that brings me to my story about "Mable". Mable is a silver Persian who was abandoned at the shelter. She was already spayed, declawed and about 3 years old. I love her. I don't usually go gaga over Persians, but she had SWEET written all over her smooshy face.

I rescued Mable today without really having a plan for her. I just couldn't let her die. I just couldn't. You'll be able to hear how enamoured I am with her in this video. (Prepare to fall in love with the black and white kitten towards the end of this video)



I'm not sure why I took my camera into the vets today, but decided to take a quick video of the cats milling about the office. It must feel SOOOOOO good to stretch your legs after being cooped up in a tiny cage for so long.


The funny part about this video, is that the veterinary assistant fell in love with Mable the Persian too, and took her home tonight to see if she'll get along with her cats. Fingers crossed that Mable found her forever home right away!!

11 comments:

Kea said...

If only you could teleport the ones left behind today to Kingston....

Congrats on a successful rescue day! And my fingers are crossed that Mable gets on well with the vet assistant's cats. That would be fabulous!

House of the Discarded said...

Kea: That could be arranged, ya know. (*smirk*)

Nicole said...

Why to Kingston Kea? Who else were you able to rescue today Beth and are you planning on going back tomorrow??

House of the Discarded said...

Nicole: Watch the 2nd video to see the other ones rescued :)

Kristen said...

Adorable videos. Is that black cat a Vet cat? Cracked me up. I saw it in his/her face

"Oh. Kittens. Yey. Anyway..."

LOL

House of the Discarded said...

Kristen: LOL! YES....Bob is the vet's clinic cat. He looked very nonplussed about the whole situation, didn't he? :)

-B

Crystal said...

So adorable...we are so excited to meet Cactus Jack and Aubrey:) The video is awesome! We can't wait to cuddle up with our new babies! Thank you Beth for rescuing our newest friends today:) Fingers crossed for Mabel...

Kim said...

The Black and White guy in your first video looks so much (even in personality) like my boy Marvin (who just went tearing through my third floor apartment at Mack 8 like a freight train). That face is precisely why he is ours and not in a shelter.

All of them are so lovely!

Daisy said...

Oh, I was happy to see the orinch kitteh in the second video; he seems so sweet.

Good luck to pretty Mable!

Anonymous said...

You have so much luck getting them adopted. Did Veronica take Mable home? What a great rescue. thanks again for videoing at the shelter to give people an idea of what it's like there. Julie

River said...

YAY for Mabel! That was FAST!!