Monday, April 12, 2010

"Stan Marsh"

I went to the shelter today to basically "walk the cages". We have a couple foster spaces to fill that really have very specific needs for their home. It's not always black and white who I can rescue. I need to take the cats out of their cages, hold them and see if they fit the foster family's home.

I didn't really plan on rescuing anybody for myself today, but couldn't resist this guy:

Did you grimace when you saw his picture? Holy crap. I sure did. This poor guy is about 4-5 months old and weighs 2.5 pounds. He came into the shelter starving. I can count the bumps in his spine. When I picked up his little skeletal body, he melted in my arms. His face buried into my neck and he kneaded in the air with his feet. He was so happy to be touched and loved. I don't think anybody has ever loved him. He is the same weight as a 10 week old kitten.

But Lordie...he's so homely that he's cute. :)

Sooooo...I took him home and am feeding him anything he wants. He's in The Land of Dirty Underwear (my son's room) and really must be the sweetest little thing I've rescued in a long time. (Do I always say that?)

I named him "Stan Marsh":


Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he look cuter already?

Welcome, little Stan Marsh - we're glad you're here. You can have anything you want.

12 comments:

Kim said...

Awwww.....He is SO cute....yes that first picture sure did make me wince. I know he'll get lots of love now :)

River said...

He has the most irresistible smile! He kind of looks like an X-man in that before picture. lol

Caroline said...

Hi Beth

Great that you rescued "Stan" but why the name? How about "Stan the Man"! sounds more positive.

Dog Foster Mom said...

Aww, he is cute, and definitely looks cuter already - just being held and loved and living in the Land of Dirty Underwear must make him feel so much better. :-)

House of the Discarded said...

Sooooo....am I the ONLY one that finds the name "Stan Marsh" (from South Park) really funny??

-B :)

Anonymous said...

Do you have a Wendy as well? ;)

Deb said...

I would have done the same. He is one lucky little guy to have found you. Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome. When he fills out, he is going to be even more gorgeous!

Next on the rescue list - Snookie, please!

Laura HP said...

Aww he looks like a sweetie! He looks so full of life in the new photos. Hooray for getting Stan Marsh out of there!

Kristen said...

Awww love his face in those last few. I know that look in the eyes...the look of "Hi there, I love you"

Anonymous said...

Instead of "stan"....how 'bout "Chef"? Since he's so skinny, Chef is an oxymoron..:)

House of the Discarded said...

Anonymous: "Chef"!! Love it! LOLOL