Thursday, March 04, 2010

LuLu's Rescue

I'm hoping the title of this blog post makes you smile as much as it made me smile to type it. As I write this post, LuLu has been rescued and is currently in the loving arms of her new foster Mom, Shannon, who will be giving her much needed kisses.

It's really important that I thank Kathleen who dropped everything this morning and drove 30 minutes to the shelter to pick up LuLu then drove 1 hour to take LuLu to her foster Mom and then back home again.

Kathleen sent me an email upon her return from dropping off LuLu. I thought it was really sweet and wanted to share a portion of it with you:

"What a sweetheart! We talked ALL THE FRIGGIN’ WAY (to her foster home!) Every time Lulu made her cute little trill I would answer her and she really seemed to enjoy that. It was all worth it. Shannon came down without a carrier and just gathered Lulu up in her arms. I think she looked quite relieved just to be outdoors again and safe in someone’s arms."

Ahh...just copying that email made me tear up! God help the person that ever tries to abandon LuLu again. Thank you, Shannon and thank you, Kathleen for making this rescue possible.

I had a lovely reminder this morning that I DO have some wonderful adoptions from the shelter. On Valentines Day, I posted about a couple of cute guys named Melon and Chandler. Today, I received a Happy Ending Picture of the boys:

Don't they look spoiled rotten now? Ahhh..... :)

I also received a call this afternoon that someone is coming forward to foster my little Butterfly:


I'm going to hang on to the warm fuzzy feeling that I have this afternoon. Today is David's birthday and I'm so happy to be able to greet him with a smile at the door. Last night he walked in and immediately said, "What's wrong?" Since when have I gotten so transparent in my old age? I used to be able to fake a good mood!

I hope you're smiling with me today. :)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was my pleasure. It's incredible when you stop and realize that you might hum and haw about spending an extra $2 for the better quality hair conditioner but jump at the chance, without a second thought, to blow a quarter tank of gas for the unrivalled high of rescuing a sweet helpless cat from a high-kill shelter. Don't lose my number :)

Kathleen

Smartypants said...

I am! I LOOOVE Melon and Chandler. Look at them! And great news about Lulu. And Butterfly. Thanks for the great post. And I'm glad you're having a much better day. ;)

Anonymous said...

yea for everyone. Melon and Chandler look awsome. They werent the best looking cats at the shelter, they were very stinky, and full of matts. They look like brothers. Im glad they are getting along, and now they look happy and fluffy. Yippy. I thought those people seemed great!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant news all round!

Beth, Shannon and Kathleen, you are fantastic! I am *so* happy for Lulu, it sounds like there is a happy ending for her after all :-)

And Beth, I meant what I said this morning :-) He is more than welcome here, should he need it :-)

Cindy

Ecochica said...

I was in a bad mood before but now I am smiling ear to ear!!

Unknown said...

What wonderful news!!!

Anonymous said...

Lulu's shelter picture crushed me, so I am delighted - no, THRILLED - to hear someone took her in. I want to do something specifically as a thank-you for Shannon, who I've never met. It's not much, but I've got a hundred bucks that I'll give to whoever she (or you, Beth, if it's easier) wants it directed to. Petro-Can gas or Timmy's coffee cards for volunteer drivers? Straight to our rescue? Peter's fund? A mani-pedi for you? Name it, I'll make it happen. For Lulu and Shannon.

Renee

Shannon said...

Lulu has been renamed Reya which is Spanish for Queen, which is how she will to be treated from now on. Unfortunately she does have a limp and seems to be in a bit of pain. But for now, she is comfortable on the couch, getting bedside food delivery to her so she doesn't have to jump up or down. Now I just have to get an 'after' picture for you all.

And to Kathleen and Beth, you did the hard part the organizing and the driving. All I have to do is love her. Thank you for making this happen.

Unknown said...

awwww I just came back from Shannon's and Lulu is such a sweetie! I'm so glad Shannon was able to offer her a home, my computer is on the fritz and I was in the middle of commenting last night when it died! (I'm actually on Shannon's spare laptop right now) So glad for this happy ending!

oh and as a note, Millie apparently had a false pregnancy, I woke up this morning and she was skinny! Couldn't find and evidence of a late term miscarriage or kittens so... ?

House of the Discarded said...

Justine: There have been lots of so-called pregnancies that have turned out to be a big poop! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth...any news on Bonnie Blue?

Anonymous said...

Tears of hapiness at today's good news!!!

Steve Bartlett said...

Glad to hear everything turned out well! I'm still working on Peter -- he seems fine with the dogs and cats now, but still doesn't like me. Maybe I should just take him to the pub and get him good and drunk ...

Just kidding.

Wikked Windy said...

Haha to all the comments above.
Great job to all who have taken in the little ones. Nice to read about the UPs and yes sometimes the DOWNs. A rollercoaster where I don't want off!

Lisa said...

Yay for Lulu's happy ending! Now you can respond to that @#$%^& email 'why don't you rescue her, Hero' by saying to the jerk

"I did...and she's doing fine now (thanks for asking). She is such a dear sweet thing. Have a nice day."

karma works ;)

House of the Discarded said...

Renee: Holy crap! That's so generous of you! You're so sweeeeet....and that husband of yours is too. :)

-B

Caroline said...

Thanks for the smile Beth! I'm so glad Lulu got out. Best of luck to Butterfly. Happy Birthday to David, the husband the rest of us all want!

Anonymous said...

Beth, just let me know what to do. Or you, Shannon, if you read this. You did a very good thing.

Renee

Shannon said...

Wow Renee that is incredibly generous and so sweet. To be honest, Reya's rescue was my pleasure. I'm so happy I was able to help. I think Beth will agree that the money would be best being donated to TCR. Thank you.

House of the Discarded said...

Hey Renee -

Can we take your generous offer and put it towards Reya's (LuLu) future veterinary care? Since she has a limp, we might need an x-ray. That would be ideal!

Thank you again so much!!

Beth