Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"Maggie Sue"

First, I want to thank you all for the support and understanding regarding my recent post, Politically Speaking . I still had mixed feelings about not going to the city meeting and had changed my mind at about 10 a.m. this morning. I was going to go!

My phone rang at 11:30 as I was dressing. It was a woman with whom I had been corresponding via email about a cute little calico named "Maggie Sue". Lori has 4 kids and lives not too far from me. She sounded SO nice and wanted to meet Maggie Sue right away, before her older kids came home from school.

I don't know if y'all believe in "omens", but I do believe everything happens for a reason. The only time Lori could meet me at the shelter was 1 p.m. - the time the meeting started. When I arrived at the shelter, a few of the staff members were surprised to see me. "I thought you'd be at the meeting!" I shrugged.

Lori brought 3 of the adorable kids into the cat area of the shelter and met Maggie Sue. It was love at first site! Despite the fact that Maggie Sue had a shelter cold, Lori was determined to nurse her back to health.

So. No - I didn't make it to the meeting. Maybe I'm not political. Maybe I'm a "short-term thinker". But because I showed up at the shelter today a little girl named "Maggie Sue" is safe and in a home with 4 children loving her to pieces tonight:
Have a wonderful life, Maggie Sue

4 comments:

Sharon said...

oh my goodness!! She's beautiful!! well worth missing the meeting I bet. :)

Kristen said...

Congrats Beth. This speaks volumes...I also believe everything happens for a reason. You were debating on this meeting....and "your call" was for the little babies at the shelter, ultimately leading to you giving someone a new home and rescue. This shows your true place and where you are needed at the moment, despite any politics. You have a big heart and always have your eyes on the REAL goals.

I hear you about the last post...some people ask me what it is about animals that makes me go crazy to do anything for them. Their little faces convey so much, even my rabbits, who some would argue don't "show" any communication and are not interactive. Animals try to please, and they are examples of selfless and unconditional love that the human race could only hope for. I think animals speak to everyone....just not everyone listens to them like we all do :)

Crystal said...

Beth this post brought tears to my eyes...I absolutely believe in fate.
Thank you for always putting these precious cats first! congratulations on a successful rescue:) Wishing Maggie Sue and her new family a wonderful amazing life together!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful story for a beautiful kitty!