Thursday, April 09, 2009

I'm Sorry....Sooooo Sorry....

Despite my best effort at not doing anything yesterday, I went back to the shelter and rescued another 9 cats. A Mom + her 5 newborn kittens, and 3 others. :) I really didn't intend to drive all over the place, but as usual with rescue that's exactly what happened.

Did you ever have a day that you felt like you needed to apologize to everybody you met? That's the kind of day I had yesterday. Seriously...I was so tired and burned out that my social skills went out the window.

So I figured I might as well apologize to everybody here and save myself some time:

1. I'm sorry that I didn't call you back. I was too tired from being in the car from 9 a.m. - 3 pm, then on the phone from 5 pm until 10 pm. . It's not that I didn't care - I just was too tired to make any sense or solve any problems.

2. To the other drivers: I'm sorry for cutting you off, driving too fast, and not hearing you honk. I had to pee and I couldn't find a Tim Horton's.

3. To the cats I rescued yesterday: I'm sorry that I forgot to put towels in two of the crates and you had to sit on plastic.

4. I'm sorry that I didn't make a nutritious meal for my family last night. I managed grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Be happy and shaddap.

5. I'm sorry for saying "shaddap".

6. To my youngest son: I'm sorry that I didn't ask about your Presentation in Environmental Studies yesterday.

7. To the new foster homes & Adopters that I delivered cats to yesterday: I'm sorry that I was sweaty, hurried and had spilled coffee down the front of my shirt when I arrived yesterday. Seriously, I don't always look that way.

8. To my wonderful, handsome husband: I'm sorry I fell asleep at 10:15 last night. *ugh*

9. I'm sorry I took a nap from 3pm-4 pm yesterday instead of doing the laundry.

I think that just about covers the apologies du jour. It was "one of those days" yesterday and I'm pleased to report that today is much better. I've returned phone calls, caught up on e-mails and am happy to say that the roots on my hair are no longer dark.

oh.

10. I'm sorry that my hair looked like shit yesterday.

No comments: