Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Wish Every Cat Had a Life Like Bob

I was planning on writing about my little Truman being adopted last night. Instead, I'm finding myself writing about the loss of my sweet boy, "Bob".

As I wrote in my last post, Bob was hospitalized yesterday and he never really fully recovered. We received a call from the vet tech this morning that Bob was failing - and failing fast.

When we got to the vets he was mouth breathing and had blood coming from his nose because of his blood pressure being so high.

He died peacefully in our arms.


I wish every cat were as loved as Bob.
I wish every cat could die in the arms of someone wanting to save his life.
I wish every cat had a family willing to spend the money to make him well.
I wish every cat had someone that was sad when he died.
I wish every cat a life like Bob had.

Bob was rescued from an animal shelter. As you can see from his picture, he wan't anything special or a special breed. He pee'd on my floor and when he was mad, he'd poop in our closet.

I wish everybody had a chance to love a cat like Bob....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth, I am so sorry to hear about your Bob but want to beleive that he is crossing that Rainbow Bridge to be with all the others including my Gabby who also died in my arms not so long ago and I still feel the pain of his passing. Please feel comfort in knowing that he was loved and had a special home with you and your family, unlike many others who will never know what it is to have someone to love them unconditionally. There will never be another Bob but there will always be another rescue that will fill your heart with warmth and joy knowing that you have saved them from a life of never knowing.

Diana






d

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry to hear about your bob beth. I know you loved him so much. Loosing one of your own is so hard. Im glad that you got to be with him, im sure he knew that he was loved.
Try to keep your chin up.
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry t hear about Bob. But as you said youself, there probably isn't any cat who had a better time here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,

Oh boy, I am so sorry for your loss. I know there isn't anything I can say that will ease the pain of the loss but you were clearly an amazing mom to Bob and can take comfort in knowing he was, most certainly, very well loved.

You're in my thoughts,
Emily

Anonymous said...

Beth,

I have only known you a short time and in that short time come to realize what an awesome person you are. I am certain Bob had a wonderful life. The life lived is what matters.

I am sorry for your grief and sadness.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss.

I agree with your wish list except for one thing::

"I wish every cat had a family willing to spend the money to make him well."

I would change it to say "...ABLE TO spend...".

:(

RHz said...

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Many hugs and tissues. You did everything you could for him, Beth.

WITH SYMPATHY
They will not go quietly,
the pets who've shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know
their spirit still survives.

Old habits still can make us think
we hear them at the door
Or step back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.

Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be,
And, sometimes, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.

And although time may bring new friends
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts
belongs to them...
and always will.

– Author unknown


P.S. I'm glad to hear Truman finally found his forever home!

Anonymous said...

You gave him a wonderful life and do wonderful things for cats im sure he was/is as proud to have you as a member of the family.