Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Love of a Mother...

It's always hard when my daughter goes back home. I feel like part of me leaves when she gets on the plane. But I need to pat myself on the back. She's a beautiful, independent, educated young woman. What more could I want?

I was fortunate enough to have a friend from the former rescue help me with a rescue of a really cute Snowshoe Mom and her kittens. The Snowshoe Mom was a real doll and the family that adopted her was thrilled.
Her kittens however....are another story. Bless their little hearts - they apparently had a black and white Dad who was obviously a travelin' man. Poor babies ended up with some unfortunate markings and are REALLY homely: (May lightening strike me for saying such a thing!)


My friend is keeping the two "ooogly" ("oogly" = ugly) kittens in her washroom for a week until they can go into a Petsmart store. Lord help 'em...it's probably the only way they'll get adopted. They certainly aren't photogenic, nor are they that affectionate. *sigh* Oh well, at least they're safe and somebody will take them home and love them forever.

I couldn't help but think about the Snowshoe Mom tonight and wondering if she's missing her kids like I'm missing mine tonight. Maybe she's happy to have her own space after her and her kittens shared a tiny cage. Maybe she's thinking, "Thank heavens they're off to find their own lives!" or maybe she's wondering what happened to her babies.

Tonight? I'm wondering what happened to my "babies":

No comments: