Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Life Goes On...For Some

I don't know where the time goes. It's already well into August and this is my first blog post of the month. Granted, I've been on holidays for 10 days - maybe I'll cut myself some slack. :)

As usual, everything moved along beautifully while I was gone. I know it's so hard on the volunteers who work full time during the day to return phone calls and e-mails. It's a hard job when you DON'T work full time during the day.

I went to the shelter today and rescued a couple of cats. It was grim in there, I tell ya. It's been a while since I've been out to the shelter. It's been even longer since I left in tears. But today must've been "the day". It was just overwhelming. There were so many of every colour, age and all were looking at me and pleading for help. Their little paws came out from the cages.

For many of them, today was their last day alive. The vet comes tomorrow.

I left in tears today. Halfway to the highway I got pissed. Is there anything that can be done to reach people about spaying and neutering? Or to let people know that these beautiful creatures have feelings? I drove too fast down the road. I kept hoping that the faster I'd drive, the more anguish I could let out. I kept changing the music on the radio with hope to find something that didn't make me feel sad or angry. It didn't work.

As I type this, I wonder when I'm going to stop writing about this. It seems like I write about the same old shit every time I go to the shelter. But look at this sweet little girl....she's going to die tomorrow morning - there was an "X" on her cage. She's wearing a collar with a bell.

Somebody loved her....

2 comments:

Social Mange said...

Somebody didn't love her enough to keep her safe.

Anonymous said...

This cat was rescues on Thursday Aug 7/08 by TCR