Sunday, June 08, 2008

I'm Still Alive...

What a crazy week it's been! I kept sitting down to write in my blog about some event or another then would get sidetracked. Can't believe it's been more than a week since my last post. I really missed writing. Where did the time go?

I'm pleased to say that I've finally finished and mailed the Charitable Tax Returns for the rescue. If there was a definition for "Ostrich Syndrome" in the dictionary, there would be a picture of me with my head in the sand and the Revenue Canada forms flung around me. I feel so much better now that it's done. It was late - but it's d-o-n-e.

We had two kittens pass away last week. They were from different litters, but seemed to both be genetic problems. As horrible as it sounds, I wish the kittens would die at birth rather than at 6-8 weeks old. The foster Moms are so attached and they're so damn cute. Poor D-- had to go to work after holding her kitten and watching him die. What a way to start the day.

We had a foster home leave in a snit. I don't know what her problem was, but she dumped her two foster cats at the vets after saying she would adopt them. We're all pretty relieved about it. She was a very difficult foster home and had to move more cats out of her home than she actually adopted out. I wish people knew how much time and effort it took to move one cat.

Over the weekend, we had EIGHT adoptions! I love it when we have weekends like this. My own foster cat, Magoo was adopted. The couple that adopted him were thrilled and I have no doubt he'll be loved forever. One of our new foster Moms had both of her foster cats adopted this weekend too. I hope she feels really good about it. One of the cats was a black kitten....it's such a victory when a black cat is adopted.

My internet connection was down for the past 4 days. It was surreal to watch my sons emerge from their rooms to watch T.V. with us. My younger son said that he had NO idea what was going on at school because he couldn't log onto MSN. You should've seen his face when I suggested that he CALL his friends on the phone. Obviously, I'm not connected to the high school communication scene anymore. I'm really no better - I didn't realize how addicted I was to my e-mail until I didn't have any! Rogers finally came out and did some rewiring. Poof! I have e-mail again!

It was probably a good thing for me to have some down time. I've been SO sick for the past 10 days with God-knows-what. Antibiotics haven't seemed to work, so it must be some nasty virus going around. If this is what our cats go through when they have URI....

It sure feels good to write again. :)

No comments: