Sunday, January 20, 2008

Backspace...Backspace...

After my last post, I decided I needed to write something to take it's place quickly. Time to brush off the dust and move forward. I took great joy in hitting the "delete" button on the jerk's e-mail.

As always, the adoptathon was awesome. How many people can say that they have a volunteer job playing with kittens?? How great is THAT? One of the best parts of these events is talking with all the people that come in to meet the cats. We had a prior adopter come in and they brought pictures of "Lucy" a cat they adopted from us over the summer. She looked happy, healthy and so sweet! I remember Lucy - I wish Lucy's foster Mom had been there to see the pictures. These people were glowing over their "baby". It does a heart good!

As always, there were tears as foster parents said good bye to their kitties. I hate that part, because I'm too much of a coward to bring in my own foster cats to these events. It takes some serious gonads to bring in your sweet babies, put them in a cage and watch strangers hold them and make comments. Yes, some serious courage.
I can't bring in my little "Thomas" ...nope...nope..nope.. he's too sensitive, and sweet and he would hate being in a cage...he's my baby....!!!

This is coming from the same woman who put her kids in preschool and barely slowed the car down to drop them off. The same woman who voted for "All Day Kindergarten" ....The same woman who made her 4 year old daughter take a bath with her baby brother, (even though she knew he'd pee in the tub) because she didn't want to fill up the tub twice....

But I digress...

No comments: